Sunday, March 1, 2015

Dreamland

A few days ago, I found the Montessori factory store in St. Petersburg - it was like walking in a dreamland!  Other than visiting vendors at various national Montessori conferences, I have never experienced a 'commercial' Montessori store - it was like being in the proverbial candy shop!

Imagine walking down the street and seeing this in a window!  Geometric Solids, the Pink Tower (at least part of it…), Knobless Cylinders, Sandpaper Letters…

Shelves full of glorious materials.

I couldn't resist purchasing some aprons and this small wash board - I have visions of a new  polish cloth/laundry lesson...

These Montessori-themed magnets will make lovely souvenirs.

These divided trays and metal inset papers box will make nice additions to my classroom.

This mesmerizing 'singing cup' will be a welcome addition in our music area.

I am so glad to have found the store - and it turns out that it is walking distance from our apartment in St. Petersburg.  I have a feeling it won't be the last visit, and wouldn't it be spectacular to visit the actual factory?!  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete